Cyclocross Bike Size Chart: Calculate the correct frame size
You want to buy a new cyclocross bike but don’t know the right frame size? You can find the right frame height in two easy steps. First you have to determine your individual inseam, which leads to the correct frame height as the basis. Find out more below.
Calculate the size of your cyclocross bike
Step 1: Determine your inseam
- Take a tape measure or a ruler and a book.
- Take off your shoes and pants (the pants can affect the measurement)
- Stand barefoot with your back against a door or wall.
- Hold the book between your legs and bring it up. The vertical side of the book must be against the wall.
- Now measure with the measuring tape or ruler from the floor to the top of the book to determine your stride length (crotch height).
Step 2: Calculate the cyclocross bike size
Take your inseam results from step 1 and multiply it with 0.7.
For example, if your inseam is 80cm and your multiply it with 0.7 (80*0.7), you will get 56cm as a recommended cyclocross bike size based on your inseam.
Get the correct cyclocross bike size based on your height
You don’t have a ruler on hand to measure your inseam? Use this table and take your height as a guide.
|Body Height (cm)||Cyclocross Bike Size (cm)||Cyclocross Bike Size (inch)|
|above 195||above 64||above 25″|
These size recommendations are guidelines. The relationship between leg length and upper body can vary greatly from person to person.